1.5
Interest Rate

In April 2018 I purchased a 2016 Dodge Caravan from a car dealership with a loan from Wells Fargo Dealer Services. In August 2018 I considered selling the vehicle and entered into a settlement with Wells Fargo Dealer Services; that after selling them the unused portion of my extended warranty (approx. $2400), which I did in September 2018…the debt would be approximately $16,400.

The same car dealership was willing to buy back the vehicle at $13,000 and I made up a bank check for the difference in price so that they would send Wells Fargo the total of $16,400 that was owed, as per the settlement.

But when Wells Fargo faxed the bill to the car dealership, they faxed them the amount of approx. $18,800, not the settlement amount. I made about two dozen phone calls to Wells Fargo, spoke to about seven different representatives, all were in agreement that the settlement amount was correct, but they continually faxed the higher amount to the car dealership. Finally, a representative stated that the higher amount would have to be paid and the car dealership would be reimbursed for the difference. This of course was unacceptable to the car dealership. I explained to numerous Wells Fargo Dealer Services representatives that I needed to sell the vehicle because in a few days I would leave the country, but they insisted this was the only way.

On September 29, 2018, as a last attempt to pay Wells Fargo Dealer Services, I visited a local Wells Fargo Bank and spoke to the bank manager (who I understand was not connected to the sub division), and related my situation. The bank manager was nice enough to make a telephone call to Wells Fargo Dealer Services and spoke to a manager. After a frustrating hour and a half, the bank manager lost patience and turned the telephone over to me. I made it clear that I wanted to pay the settlement amount of $16,400, but after October 1, 2018 the vehicle would be left at my daughter-in-law´s drive way. I explained that this is not a good option for either Wells Fargo Dealer Services or for me. The Wells Fargo Dealer Services manager did not seem to care either way.

I notified Wells Fargo Dealer Services numerous times thereafter where the vehicle would be parked so that it may be returned. On November 8, 2018 the vehicle was picked up.

Now my credit rating has dropped and I am considered a bad debt. I do not understand how Wells Fargo Dealer Services can remain in business with such practices and poor customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Wells Fargo Dealer Services Auto Loan.

Preferred solution: Remove me as a bad debt from all credit reports.

Comments