I was in a bad car accident that totaled my car on October 1st. (Accident was not my fault). At the time of the accident my loan balance was about $17,412.90 -- my insurance co. paid $15,324.12 and I have a pending GAP claim for the balance. Well, since the insurance company made that payment in Oct. I didn't make an Oct. car payment, I was also out of work for over 3-weeks. I was told this morning that GAP would be sending over a check this week in the amount of $2,133.78 -- so, I shouldn't owe Wells Fargo anything!! (My note was due on the 23rd of every month)
But, I got a bill from them saying that my account was past due for Oct. and that I owed for Nov. and I needed to make a payment immediately to avoid collection. So, I call them this morning and get the rudest witch on the planet that tells me that the payment they received in Oct. from the insurance company did not count as a "payment" and that's why my account is past due. Then when I explained about the GAP payment she said "well, there again, that doesn't count as a "payment" and if its not enough to cover the principal and the interest you will still be required to pay off the loan." & I'm like, "well, according to my statement it should be more than enough." And she just continued to be rude and said "well, we don't have that yet so, I don't know and I can't help it that you don't understand, so, if that's all have a nice day!" (and hung up the phone)
So, yea.. explain to me how them receiving a payment of over $15,000 doesn't count as a payment?? Maybe I don't "get it"... because it surely does not make any sense to me! But being talked down to and in a condescending manner is COMPLETELY unacceptable.
I'm just going to wait until they get the GAP payment and see what they do, but, I don't see how on God's green earth that I would owe anything else. And these employees need some training in customer service because I do not appreciate being treated this way when I'm the victim in all of this.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Auto Loan Financing
- Review category
- Financial Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "WFG is a complete joke. I myself have now as of yesterday been targeted to be recruited twice now. Both experiences were that of a greedy, uneducated individual with no..."
- "Libby Muelhaupt wins Internet Liable suit against John "Twinkle Toes" Common. Proves in court John Common is a liar! June 19, 2013: Libby Muelhaupt (acknowledging she will never see the..."
- "As a 10+ year subscriber to myFICO Quarterly monitoring that includes daily monitoring of lots of information to detect identity theft at the earliest possible moment, I thought I was..."
- "I tried to return a car battery and was told I would not be able to get a refund. The battery was bough 2 days prior to the attempted..."
- "Women Be Warned n Be Aware of WERNER ENTERPRISES!!! I went to Werner in Lithia Springs, GA as a female student driver. I went there initially requesting a female trainer,..."
- "We purchased an enclosed cargo trailer manufactured by forest river, inc. We have towed this trailer about 3,000 miles and took delvery in November 2010. The roof is separating..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."